Terazije Street, Stari grad
The fountain was erected as a utilitarian and decorative object at Terazije in 1860, as ordered by Prince Miloš Obrenović, to mark his return to the Serbian throne. In 1911, after a reconstruction of Terazije, it was taken to the Topčider Park and returned to Terazije in 1975. The plastic decoration of the fountain comprises stylized floral elements, arcades in relief and carved lion heads; stylistically it relates to the 1860s Belgrade architecture. The fountain has a polygonal basin of a 10 m radius, 1.5 meters high. A square, 8 meters high column is in the centre with lion heads – taps for the water and a decorative urn on the top. The fountain is the work of Franc Loran.
Rešenje Zavoda za zaštitu spomenika kulture grada Beograda br. 3/19 od 22.3.1965.