11, Nikola Pašić Square and 3, Vlajkovićeva Street, Stari grad
The Agrarian Bank building was erected between 1932 and 1934 as one of the last bank buildings in the inter-war period in Belgrade. All of them were representative of the political and economic power of the state. The design of the building, conceived as a representative business building with a corner, rounded façade and a monumental entrance, was done by architects Petar and Branko Krstić. Its architectural features place it within the group of works where these architects realized a compromise between the academic and modernist understanding of architecture. The three-part division of the façade with the dynamic series of Ionian columns in the ground floor zone and characteristic roof cornice endow this building with specific academic features of its outside appearance. The composition as a whole and the functional solutions of the floor plan reflect the authors’ inclination towards modernist conception of architecture. With this building, brothers Krstić played a significant role in the shaping of the architectural appearance of the central zone of Belgrade.
Službeni list grada Beograda br. 23/84